Skill Space is officially rebranded and live from here on out. We are very excited to be back and have been working hard on bringing more features and quality content to our readers and members.
Now, everyone that signs up for our free community gets a free tax cheatsheet download (located in our library of resources). In addition, anyone who signs up for our free community before September 10, 2016 AND shares about us on social media will be automatically entered to win one of our twelve business bundles.
Check out @Skill_Space, a free community for #creatives & #entrepreneurs,
tons of great content, plus a free #business e-course.
With that said, I want to hit on a few highlights on the new website and community:
- New blog posts will go live every Tuesday and Thursday, with the exception of major holidays (eg, USA Thanksgiving) at 6am EST.
- Content will include a new series called SEO Like a Pro, downloadables, and a lot of free content and information so that you can learn various skills and about tools to improve your business.
- At this time, no expert interviews or guest posts are being accepted, however if you would like to be on the waiting list, you can email us and let us know.
- Skill Space will continue to be a place where we can connect you to the services that you need. We will host profiles of designers, accountants, bloggers, copywriters, managers, and more. Hopefully, whatever you need you will find it on our website.
the (free) community
- The Brand Collective Network is now simply the Member Network (or Skill Space Member Network / SSMN). Again, this is completely free!
- By signing up with an account, you will get:
- a monthly newsletter with curated content as well as exclusive offers and discounts
- access to our library of resources with free downloadables, checklists, worksheets, ebooks, and more
- access to our mastermind groups, live chats, and forum
- our brand new e-course Building Your Business 101, a free seven-day comprehensive course open to all members
our free e-course
- Building Your Business 101 (or BYB101) is free for all the SSMN year-round. This will always be a free e-course and the goal is to offer a comprehensive and actionable guide to starting a business or blog.
- A paid follow-up course will be available once a quarter starting in 2017.
social media presence
- Skill Space is available on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Amy Smith is available on behalf of Skill Space on Pinterest, but can also be found personally on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Join our first ever live chats tomorrow on Facebook where we will be discussing all things business, blogging, and branding.
Personalized and interactive marketing tools will increase your success rate with networking and with conversions. Why? Because people are attracted to killer visuals and appreciate when they are spoken to directly. If you create interactive and enticing marketing tools, whether that's a hero image, a blog post graphic, an infographic, or a presentation as part of a pitch. And if it's personalized even a little bit? Then they are going to be wanting to find out more!
Visme will offer you killer marketing tools, like graphics, infographics, and presentations. All in an easy-to-use project design system.
"People are attracted to killer visuals and
appreciate when they are spoken to directly."
Today we are going over just an overview of websites, apps, and other tools so you can learn skills online or on your mobile device, whether you're starting from scratch (e.g. learning to code or speak French) or updating your knowledge base (catching up on the latest Photoshop or Illustrator has to offer).
Who doesn't love the occasional Buzzfeed quiz? Well, can you imagine having a quiz that does the same thing as Buzzfeed for your website by providing tailored response-driven results to the quiz takers? Skill Space is developing a sister site to provide better curated business tools and we are using Interact to do just that.
Here's why you should use Interact:
Want to know what the best tips were for Instagram? Here's a small compilation of only the best resources Skill Space has come across to help you today.
Instagram is kind of a big deal, no?
We can't all be expert Instagrammers, but the following website's have created tons of content and compiled great advice to help you improve your 'gram game the right way.
Let's start with building your Instagram strategy
Obviously you know the basics and purpose of the app itself, but developing a successful Instagram strategy for your business in a sea of users can be tricky. Here, Facebook and Instagram themselves even weigh in and provide insight on how to use Instagram for your business and brand.
Superheroes are brands made human. One only needs to look at the logos on their chests, some of which are the most consistently recognized symbols around. What’s more, these walking, talking brand ambassadors have millions of fans all over the world. They tap into our innate desire to experience dramatic storytelling at its best, and being well-rounded characters with backstories and relatable personality traits, they create a meaningful connection with their audience. There are valuable lessons that brands and ad agencies can learn from superheroes – here are some you won’t want to forget.
Google pretty much dominates when it comes to how a website ranks on the web, so it's not surprising that Google Analytics would have an elaborate system of tracking your website's performance. The Google Analytics system has many great metrics to measure so that you can stay on top of how your website is doing, engagement, who and where your audience is coming from geographically, amongst other data.
A really important metric is learning how your audience is getting to your website (eg, where your traffic is coming from). This is called "Acquisition." The four main categories include the following:
- Direct acquisition is someone who types your website address into the search bar and clicks "enter" or "submit."
- Referral acquisition is someone who clicks on a hyperlink from another website that connects (or points them) to your website.
- Organic acquisition is when visitors search an inquiry into their favorite search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc) and it yields a result with your website and then they click to visit your website. The importance of understanding how this work is detailed in our SEO Like a Pro blog series.
- Social acquisition is visitors coming to your website from a social media network like Facebook, Twitter, or even Reddit.
Want to know what some of our favorite Facebook private groups are for online entrepreneurs, bloggers and brands? Read along to see our top six, including Skill Space's very own newly launched group created just with you in mind.