Skill Space is officially rebranded and live from here on out. We are very excited to be back and have been working hard on bringing more features and quality content to our readers and members.
Now, everyone that signs up for our free community gets a free tax cheatsheet download (located in our library of resources). In addition, anyone who signs up for our free community before September 10, 2016 AND shares about us on social media will be automatically entered to win one of our twelve business bundles.
Check out @Skill_Space, a free community for #creatives & #entrepreneurs,
tons of great content, plus a free #business e-course.
With that said, I want to hit on a few highlights on the new website and community:
- New blog posts will go live every Tuesday and Thursday, with the exception of major holidays (eg, USA Thanksgiving) at 6am EST.
- Content will include a new series called SEO Like a Pro, downloadables, and a lot of free content and information so that you can learn various skills and about tools to improve your business.
- At this time, no expert interviews or guest posts are being accepted, however if you would like to be on the waiting list, you can email us and let us know.
- Skill Space will continue to be a place where we can connect you to the services that you need. We will host profiles of designers, accountants, bloggers, copywriters, managers, and more. Hopefully, whatever you need you will find it on our website.
the (free) community
- The Brand Collective Network is now simply the Member Network (or Skill Space Member Network / SSMN). Again, this is completely free!
- By signing up with an account, you will get:
- a monthly newsletter with curated content as well as exclusive offers and discounts
- access to our library of resources with free downloadables, checklists, worksheets, ebooks, and more
- access to our mastermind groups, live chats, and forum
- our brand new e-course Building Your Business 101, a free seven-day comprehensive course open to all members
our free e-course
- Building Your Business 101 (or BYB101) is free for all the SSMN year-round. This will always be a free e-course and the goal is to offer a comprehensive and actionable guide to starting a business or blog.
- A paid follow-up course will be available once a quarter starting in 2017.
social media presence
- Skill Space is available on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Amy Smith is available on behalf of Skill Space on Pinterest, but can also be found personally on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Join our first ever live chats tomorrow on Facebook where we will be discussing all things business, blogging, and branding.
The past two years, I wrote posts comparing and contrasting social media scheduling apps (like Buffer and Meet Edgar). This year, I am going in a different direction for Skill Space webpreneurs. Here's my conclusion: don't spend money on any of them.
This episode features Krista Rae from KristaRae.co and the successful collaborative business with Kory Woodard, CodedCreative.co.
Collaborating with others is an extremely effective way to reach new audiences and grow your brand.
Learn about ways to approach collaborations and partnerships with other entrepreneurs and brands as well as ways to make it successful... plus how to know when it's best to walk away.
It's a new year and there is a lot of ways to help plan for the year ahead so that you have a successful business strategy. It's critical to plan your strategy out ahead of time so that you have a smoother work-flow and process, as well as make sure you're ahead of the game. You can get some more business planning tips from this post.
Remember, the online world is going by so fast as it is, you need to know when, how, and WHY you are doing something. It is easy to be caught up in content creating and focus less on planning it out, but having a plan can be as simple as a Google calendar and will help alleviate so much stress.
Download our 12-month editorial calendar complete with holidays and observances you should take advantage of in your social media strategy.
2018 is right around the corner and we've compiled this nice huge list of AWESOME resources that you can use to start implementing now before 2018 hits. The more you plan your 2018 now (I recommend breaking it into four quarters in terms of your larger goals), the better your strategy will flow once it's time to hit the ground running.
The reason WordPress is such a big deal is that it is an open-source platform. This means that it's collaborative by the entire community; anyone can come in and create something for the rest of the WordPress community to use. This has its own considerations in terms of security and upkeep.
We've compiled a short list of 4 of our favorite plugins for you to consider for your WordPress website.
If you read Four Must-Haves For your Domain Name, then you know it's getting really difficult to get that perfect domain name for your brand or business. In today's post, we're giving strategies to make the next best thing work out awesome for you, including a few case studies.
It is getting harder and harder to get a dot com domain name. And if it's even available for you, it's probably coming with a premium four-figure price tag. How disappointing is that?! I've been there and many of us have been there.
Heck, it's why there's a hyphen for skill-space.com.
I see a lot of people going through this themselves and there is a lot of conflicting advice on which direction people should go: just have a really long domain name to get that prestigious "yourcompanyname.com" or choose another extension.
I love Squarespace. I work a lot with other website builders, but Squarespace is my favorite. It's a happy medium between the others providing a closed-source, high-quality system for DIY website builders.
But, that doesn't mean only smaller scale businesses use Squarespace. While WordPress might be the main name out there, companies like Pixar Animation Studios, Fast Company, Lyft and Sophia Amoruso's #GirlBoss all use Squarespace.
Let's dive into the reasons Squarespace IS for you:
Three tactics to go ahead and avoid right now:
- Time-limited offers
- Money-centered phrases
- Overused phrases
2 tactics to implement always
- High quality imagery and visuals
What do you think is missing from this list?
Have you joined some Facebook groups for your niche? There are many great reasons to join two different types of Facebook groups:
1. Facebook Groups Geared Towards Helping You Build Your Business
2. Facebook Groups Geared Towards Your Specific Niche