Skill Space is officially rebranded and live from here on out. We are very excited to be back and have been working hard on bringing more features and quality content to our readers and members.
Now, everyone that signs up for our free community gets a free tax cheatsheet download (located in our library of resources). In addition, anyone who signs up for our free community before September 10, 2016 AND shares about us on social media will be automatically entered to win one of our twelve business bundles.
Check out @Skill_Space, a free community for #creatives & #entrepreneurs,
tons of great content, plus a free #business e-course.
With that said, I want to hit on a few highlights on the new website and community:
- New blog posts will go live every Tuesday and Thursday, with the exception of major holidays (eg, USA Thanksgiving) at 6am EST.
- Content will include a new series called SEO Like a Pro, downloadables, and a lot of free content and information so that you can learn various skills and about tools to improve your business.
- At this time, no expert interviews or guest posts are being accepted, however if you would like to be on the waiting list, you can email us and let us know.
- Skill Space will continue to be a place where we can connect you to the services that you need. We will host profiles of designers, accountants, bloggers, copywriters, managers, and more. Hopefully, whatever you need you will find it on our website.
the (free) community
- The Brand Collective Network is now simply the Member Network (or Skill Space Member Network / SSMN). Again, this is completely free!
- By signing up with an account, you will get:
- a monthly newsletter with curated content as well as exclusive offers and discounts
- access to our library of resources with free downloadables, checklists, worksheets, ebooks, and more
- access to our mastermind groups, live chats, and forum
- our brand new e-course Building Your Business 101, a free seven-day comprehensive course open to all members
our free e-course
- Building Your Business 101 (or BYB101) is free for all the SSMN year-round. This will always be a free e-course and the goal is to offer a comprehensive and actionable guide to starting a business or blog.
- A paid follow-up course will be available once a quarter starting in 2017.
social media presence
- Skill Space is available on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Amy Smith is available on behalf of Skill Space on Pinterest, but can also be found personally on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Join our first ever live chats tomorrow on Facebook where we will be discussing all things business, blogging, and branding.
Three tactics to go ahead and avoid right now:
- Time-limited offers
- Money-centered phrases
- Overused phrases
2 tactics to implement always
- High quality imagery and visuals
What do you think is missing from this list?
Have you joined some Facebook groups for your niche? There are many great reasons to join two different types of Facebook groups:
1. Facebook Groups Geared Towards Helping You Build Your Business
2. Facebook Groups Geared Towards Your Specific Niche
I am 100% a huge advocate for the power of the Facebook community. But not just for the public profile and advertising potential, but for the closed and private niche-specific Facebook groups. That's where the Facebook gold is, in my opinion.
1. Find Your People
Call them your tribe, your network, or just members of your niche. I like calling them my people. Because they are. They share my struggles, my wins. They are a few steps of ahead of me and provide valuable insight or a few steps behind me and I can pay it forward. Finding your people makes solving the problems of online entrepreneurship (regardless of your niche) much easier. Because you have many many more brains to help you, guide you, and cheer you on.
There are so many podcasts out there and it's an amazing educational resource regardless of your niche. Today we're sharing our absolute favorites for the building your online business niche, including introducing our own which launches this Friday 9/30 with eight episodes out the gate for you to binge listen to.
Article by Olivia Winslow, part of the Skill Space team.
Podcasts rose to popularity in the early 2000’s after the 90’s internet boom. As consumers became adept at having content at their fingertips podcasts became a brilliant marketing tool for businesses as consumers can choose to listen to the podcast whenever and wherever they want. Podcasts are fairly affordable to produce depending on what kind of equipment you use. We recently decided to launch our podcast Build Your Biz. But deciding to launch it and actually launching it is two different things.
The first step to launching our podcast was to find a hosting platform. So what in the world is a hosting platform? A hosting platform is a system that holds the data to your podcast and creates the RSS feed which you use to distribute your podcast. After doing some research I have discovered there are thousands of hosting platforms and some of them can be quite pricey.
Podcasting is nothing new. So why in the world should you start a podcast now? Why are we?
Most of Internet businesses run on text and copy (like this blog is doing right now). People are constantly reading articles, updates, news feeds. The reason why Instagram was a game-changer is because Instagram broke that cycle of constant reading. That was a major paradigm shift in social media and Internet marketing: now visuals superseded text for information-gathering and processing.
While podcasting might not be the same level of success that visuals provide on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest, podcast episodes create a dynamic that is in a different playing field altogether.
Here are a few reasons Skill Space wanted to start a podcast and why you should as well.
Stock photos are an important aspect of your visual brand and not everybody is a professional photographer. Even if you are, chances are you don't have the opportunities these stock photographers have for taking pictures of the exact items you need to have visuals for on your website, across social media, and on physical marketing materials. Here is my recommendation for how to nail down some pretty awesome stock photos, vectors, illustrations, and more to build your library.
To avoid legal repercussions, what you want in a stock graphic is either one of the following terms: royalty-free or commercial-use. All of the options listed are for royalty-free and commercial-use downloads.