Using both high and low competition hashtags to further your reach on instagram.
Like to use Instagram? I do, too. It's an amazing tool for microblogging and getting your name out there. I actually manage three Instagram accounts: one for my personal brand, one for Skill Space, and one for my husband's shop. So I'm pretty well versed on hashtag usage in a variety formats.
Today, I'm simply rounding up some high competition hashtags (eg, very popular), but also some great ones for your business niche that maybe aren't so popular (eg, low competition) but are more fine-tuned for your needs (and therefore audience).
Building Your Business 101 discusses the basics and ways to utilize social media, including Instagram.
Stay tuned as we will be publishing a post on Instagram hashtags for other categories as well.
low competition hashtags for your business
- #businessowner (posts > 930,000)
- #entrepreneurlife (posts > 890,000)
- #startuplife (posts > 670,000)
- #startups (posts > 600,000)
- #smallbusinessowner (posts > 273,000)
- #myoffice (posts > 261,000)
- #newblogpost (posts > 244,000)
- #contentmarketing (posts > 238,000)
- #brandidentity (posts > 187,000)
- #socialmediatips (posts > 173,000)
- #solopreneur (posts > 137,000)
- #marketingtips (posts > 132,000)
- #smallbusinesses (posts > 88,000)
- #marketing101 (posts > 67,000)
- #branding101 (posts > 56,000)
- #successtips (posts > 54,000)
- #socialmediastrategy (posts > 49,000)
- #smallbusinesslove (posts > 37,000)
- #logoinspiration (posts > 35,000)
- #biztips (posts > 34,000)
- #smtips (posts > 30,000)
- #myofficetoday (posts > 28,000)
- #socialmediatip (posts > 27,000)
- #optimization (posts > 24,000)
- #bloggingtips (posts > 22,000)
- #officegoals (posts: > 10,000)
- #problogging (posts > 7,000)
High Competition Hashtags for Your Business
- #work (posts > 71,000,000)
- #inspiration (posts > 52,900,000)
- #blogger (posts > 21,000,000)
- #money (posts > 18,000,000)
- #success (posts > 16,000,000)
- #business (posts > 12,900,000)
- #giveaway (posts > 12,800,000)
- #hardwork (posts > 11,000,000)
- #entrepreneur (posts > 10,500,000)
- #brand (posts > 7,000,000)
- #marketing (posts: > 6,400,000)
- #hustle (posts > 5,200,000)
- #logo (posts > 4,400,000)
- #smallbusiness (posts > 3,780,000)
- #socialmedia (posts > 3,300,000)
- #branding (posts > 3,300,000)
- #sales (posts > 3,200,000)
- #workfromhome (posts > 2,800,000)
- #startup (posts > 2,600,000)
- #tips (posts > 2,400,000)
- #tech (posts > 2,200,000)
- #social (posts > 2,100,000)
- #entrepreneurs (posts > 2,000,000)
- #entrepreneurship (posts > 1,900,000)
- #bossbabe (posts > 1,600,000)
- #businesswoman (posts > 1,450,000)
- #brands (posts > 1,400,000)
- #bosslady (posts > 1,300,000)
- #ontheblog (posts > 1,200,000)
- #socialmediamarketing (posts > 1,200,000)
- #businessman (posts > 1,190,000)
- #content (posts > 1,100,000)
60 HASHTAGS TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS C/O @SKILL_SPACE.
SIGN UP FOR THE FREE MEMBER NETWORK!
Get access to curated free content, our free e-course Building Your Business 101, access to our scheduled live chats and mastermind sessions, a library of resources, and a monthly newsletter with valuable information and exclusive opportunities.
2018 is right around the corner and we've compiled this nice huge list of AWESOME resources that you can use to start implementing now before 2018 hits. The more you plan your 2018 now (I recommend breaking it into four quarters in terms of your larger goals), the better your strategy will flow once it's time to hit the ground running.
The reason WordPress is such a big deal is that it is an open-source platform. This means that it's collaborative by the entire community; anyone can come in and create something for the rest of the WordPress community to use. This has its own considerations in terms of security and upkeep.
We've compiled a short list of 4 of our favorite plugins for you to consider for your WordPress website.
If you read Four Must-Haves For your Domain Name, then you know it's getting really difficult to get that perfect domain name for your brand or business. In today's post, we're giving strategies to make the next best thing work out awesome for you, including a few case studies.
It is getting harder and harder to get a dot com domain name. And if it's even available for you, it's probably coming with a premium four-figure price tag. How disappointing is that?! I've been there and many of us have been there.
Heck, it's why there's a hyphen for skill-space.com.
I see a lot of people going through this themselves and there is a lot of conflicting advice on which direction people should go: just have a really long domain name to get that prestigious "yourcompanyname.com" or choose another extension.
I love Squarespace. I work a lot with other website builders, but Squarespace is my favorite. It's a happy medium between the others providing a closed-source, high-quality system for DIY website builders.
But, that doesn't mean only smaller scale businesses use Squarespace. While WordPress might be the main name out there, companies like Pixar Animation Studios, Fast Company, Lyft and Sophia Amoruso's #GirlBoss all use Squarespace.
Let's dive into the reasons Squarespace IS for you:
Three tactics to go ahead and avoid right now:
- Time-limited offers
- Money-centered phrases
- Overused phrases
2 tactics to implement always
- High quality imagery and visuals
What do you think is missing from this list?
Have you joined some Facebook groups for your niche? There are many great reasons to join two different types of Facebook groups:
1. Facebook Groups Geared Towards Helping You Build Your Business
2. Facebook Groups Geared Towards Your Specific Niche
I am 100% a huge advocate for the power of the Facebook community. But not just for the public profile and advertising potential, but for the closed and private niche-specific Facebook groups. That's where the Facebook gold is, in my opinion.
1. Find Your People
Call them your tribe, your network, or just members of your niche. I like calling them my people. Because they are. They share my struggles, my wins. They are a few steps of ahead of me and provide valuable insight or a few steps behind me and I can pay it forward. Finding your people makes solving the problems of online entrepreneurship (regardless of your niche) much easier. Because you have many many more brains to help you, guide you, and cheer you on.