Skill Space is officially rebranded and live from here on out. We are very excited to be back and have been working hard on bringing more features and quality content to our readers and members.
Now, everyone that signs up for our free community gets a free tax cheatsheet download (located in our library of resources). In addition, anyone who signs up for our free community before September 10, 2016 AND shares about us on social media will be automatically entered to win one of our twelve business bundles.
Check out @Skill_Space, a free community for #creatives & #entrepreneurs,
tons of great content, plus a free #business e-course.
With that said, I want to hit on a few highlights on the new website and community:
- New blog posts will go live every Tuesday and Thursday, with the exception of major holidays (eg, USA Thanksgiving) at 6am EST.
- Content will include a new series called SEO Like a Pro, downloadables, and a lot of free content and information so that you can learn various skills and about tools to improve your business.
- At this time, no expert interviews or guest posts are being accepted, however if you would like to be on the waiting list, you can email us and let us know.
- Skill Space will continue to be a place where we can connect you to the services that you need. We will host profiles of designers, accountants, bloggers, copywriters, managers, and more. Hopefully, whatever you need you will find it on our website.
the (free) community
- The Brand Collective Network is now simply the Member Network (or Skill Space Member Network / SSMN). Again, this is completely free!
- By signing up with an account, you will get:
- a monthly newsletter with curated content as well as exclusive offers and discounts
- access to our library of resources with free downloadables, checklists, worksheets, ebooks, and more
- access to our mastermind groups, live chats, and forum
- our brand new e-course Building Your Business 101, a free seven-day comprehensive course open to all members
our free e-course
- Building Your Business 101 (or BYB101) is free for all the SSMN year-round. This will always be a free e-course and the goal is to offer a comprehensive and actionable guide to starting a business or blog.
- A paid follow-up course will be available once a quarter starting in 2017.
social media presence
- Skill Space is available on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Amy Smith is available on behalf of Skill Space on Pinterest, but can also be found personally on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Join our first ever live chats tomorrow on Facebook where we will be discussing all things business, blogging, and branding.
Google pretty much dominates when it comes to how a website ranks on the web, so it's not surprising that Google Analytics would have an elaborate system of tracking your website's performance. The Google Analytics system has many great metrics to measure so that you can stay on top of how your website is doing, engagement, who and where your audience is coming from geographically, amongst other data.
A really important metric is learning how your audience is getting to your website (eg, where your traffic is coming from). This is called "Acquisition." The four main categories include the following:
- Direct acquisition is someone who types your website address into the search bar and clicks "enter" or "submit."
- Referral acquisition is someone who clicks on a hyperlink from another website that connects (or points them) to your website.
- Organic acquisition is when visitors search an inquiry into their favorite search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc) and it yields a result with your website and then they click to visit your website. The importance of understanding how this work is detailed in our SEO Like a Pro blog series.
- Social acquisition is visitors coming to your website from a social media network like Facebook, Twitter, or even Reddit.
Want to know what some of our favorite Facebook private groups are for online entrepreneurs, bloggers and brands? Read along to see our top six, including Skill Space's very own newly launched group created just with you in mind.
Turning Your Boring Headline Into One that Converts
By default, LinkedIn makes a user's headline the following: Current Position at Current Employer. Some might not even know they can change that. But you can and you should! This will dramatically change your view and conversion rates.
If you read our SEO series on Google search algorithms, then learning LinkedIn has their own search algorithm shouldn't be a hard task to master. This means, know your keywords. We've included a downloadable social media keyword planner to help you with this.
LinkedIn is the largest professional network with hundreds of millions of members. For that reason, it has a lot of clout and Google SEO juice.
Let's look at 3 reasons why having a LinkedIn profile matters:
- You'll have an "all about me, what I do, my websites, and how you can contact me" spot on a highly reputed website.
Think of it as a one-stop-shop about you. This is a very advantageous marketing strategy when done right. For instance, did you know you can share your blog posts and content to LinkedIn? Most social media managers sync with your LinkedIn profile to help you do just that.
- You get endorsements that add value to your profile, your brand, and what you're doing.
Having people endorse you on your "marketing" skills, "copywriting" ability, or being an "Adobe Illustrator" wizard can go a long way. Remember that clout I was mentioning earlier? Think of clout as the more you have, the more you are an influencer or expert in your field.
- You network for free with fellow professionals in your industry.
That's a pretty big deal. You can't always make time to have quality conversations on any social media network, but having the ability to network with peers is valuable. Discover and connect with professionals you don't already know as well as influencers and other like-minded people that could develop into either a business or personal relationship.
How about those tips, now?
It’s my joy in to introduce you all to Brittney Rossie. She started out as a digital nomad while working and traveling internationally and she actually launched her business while abroad in Central America!
She’s a self-taught designer and began teaching herself online marketing for her and her husbands international work when she realized she could help others with these topics.
A little fun fact about her: She’s obsessed with personality assessments.
So, it only makes sense to share that, in addition to being a business strategist and digital designer, she’s an INTJ (Myers-Briggs).
Basically, finding simpler solutions and creating beautiful and intuitive systems is her jam.
Ready to be inspired? Here are some pretty awesome and inspiring women to help all you fellow creatives, entrepreneurs, and freelancers out there. These are women we personally re-tweet just because we believe in them ourselves.